Thursday, April 18, 2013

Something different for Easter

Well I wanted to get this post done before Easter, but I ran out of time. So you can use the idea for next Easter. My family loves deviled eggs, and since we have chickens, we always have eggs on hand. I found this idea on pinterest. are you on pinterest? Very addicting place! You can find my link to my pinterest on the right hand side of my blog. Here's what I did with our deviled eggs:

Hard boil your eggs. when ready, peel eggs and split in half, remove yolks.

Now the fun part! you will need food coloring and something to dip your eggs in, cups, bowls, etc.

Taken from Pinterest:

"Fill glass containers about half-full of water, and then add food coloring to each one to get the shades you desire. Adjust the amount of food coloring, depending on the intensity of the color you desire. Place the egg halves in the water, making sure that the entire surface of each egg is covered. Let the eggs sit at least one hour until you achieve the desired effect. Remove the eggs from the water and place them onto paper towels or wire rack to dry."

Here are my eggs soaking in food coloring in the glasses. I followed the directions on the back of the food coloring package for the different colors. I DID NOT let my eggs soak for 1 hour as stated in the directions. Maybe about 15 minutes or until they were the color I wanted.

Then I took them out of the water after they got the shade I wanted and let them dry on some paper towels.

Once dry, you can stuff them with the egg filling.

Now, isn't that a fun way to make deviled eggs? They were a hit at Easter with the family. My son also happened to have a birthday on Easter weekend, so I made a special birthday cake for him. I also found the idea on pinterest! :)Peeps cake!

Until next time everyone~ Becky

1 comment:

  1. I remember coloring eggs with my children when they were little.....fun memories for them....I just love the PEEP cake!!! Adorable!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Feel free to leave a comment!