Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Some things from the stash


How many of you have stashes? Will you even admit it? These are usually hidden, secret supplies of craft stuff. I have a whole closet of hidden secrets that eventually I will get painted. My closet looks like my own personal good will store, but how can you pass up that "perfect" treasure for painting or crafting?
This sums it up pretty well!

So as I'm painting for my craft shows in November, I go to the "stash". I was lucky enough to have two canister sets hidden away!
When ever I see these sets I always pick them up, they have proven to be good sellers for my shows, and they come with a little tray to set the canisters in.
Here's what they looked like before painting them.




Here's the first set. I decided to do an Americana theme. You can't tell in the picture but each lid has a fine crackle finish on it. I then antiqued the lids to really make the crackle stand out!

and the second set I painted with prim salt box houses and grapevines.

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! Those are so pretty. I wish I had your talent to be able to paint like that! Thanks for sharing!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you are talking about stashes. I have tubs full of fabric everywhere! You do such and amazing job with your painting. It always looks so great. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words, Cindi! I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment, it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Colleen, I'm glad I'm not alone! It's funny how things seem to multiply over night isn't it? Thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a stash too and love to find things I've forgotten about!
    Your cannisters are wonderful.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind words, Amy and Sandi!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Feel free to leave a comment!