Thursday, September 13, 2012

A walmart make over?????


What could I mean by that? Did I have a make over? No, but something I bought at walmart had a make over! I just happened to go by the kid's art section, and they had some bins that were marked $1.00. I am a bargain hunter, especially for things to paint on, so I took a peek inside the bins and I'm glad I did. I found these mini stretched canvases. They had pre printed ugly dragons on them for the kids to color or paint in, the dragons didn't scare me off though, I could see right past them!
I saw snowmen! and salt box houses!. I wish I had bought more than 2! I'll be taking a trip back to walmart and hopefully they still have more. So if you like to paint on canvas and want a fun little surface, check out the kids art supply section in walmart!




10 comments:

  1. Great job Becky! So the dragon doesn't show thru with the light colors you basecoated with?
    I'll have to check our Wal-mart for some. Thanks for sharing!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie, no the dragon doesn't show through at all. On the snowman one, I did a wet on wet background blending two colors together, and the salt box house is antique white, I know it looks lighter in the picture, but I also did a wet on wet blending technique on the background. Give it a couple coats and you're good to go. You could probably gesso it, but I didn't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok thanks Becky! Less prepping the better LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Becky! You did an awesome job. Thanks for the canvas tip! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, these came out really cute! I too search for deals like that all the time, I'll have to go take a look & see if my Walmart has them marked down! Thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love what you have done with them. Blessings ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome!! Great makeovers and what a deal on the canvas!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find! Way to keep your eyes opened! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, everyone!~ I appreciate you taking the time to comment!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Becky. I love canvases as you know. Not much prepping and very portable. Love your designs especially that cute snowie.
    Les ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Feel free to leave a comment!