Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Something fishy here!

I had a special order to do over Christmas.
They wanted a blue gill fish painted. Never heard of this type of fish,
but apparently it's like a sunfish.
I was a bit nervous to paint a fish as I had never painted one
before and hope to never paint one again
as it is SO FAR out of my comfort zone of salt box houses, sheep and snowmen! LOL
Had to paint it from looking at a picture. Dear husband helped with the colors.
I used a dry brush technique to paint the fish.
I have to say this is one ugly looking fish in real life!
This will be hanging in their lake house, where they like to fish for bluegill.

7 comments:

  1. Becky, that looks really nice, you did a great job on it! There are Blue Gills everywhere here in the ponds.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Goodness! You did an amazing job. My 10 yr old son would Love this.
    Here in Wisconsin, my son and his Dad have been ice fishing...catching alot of Blue Gills I may add. Popular fish and tasty too!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Becolio, wow, I am impressed. I know all about being out of comfort zones but I really think you did a fantastic job. Good for you.
    I got my ornaments today, they are wonderful. Hung the house on my vine :) thanks so much.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blog world. I found you through toland tresures she said you are from Maine. Since I was a Maine girl until I married a New Hampshire Boy I knew I had to come visit. Love that you thrift. I went to a savers in Porstmouth last year for the first time.I was so over whelmed but how big that store was I walked out. I am use to the little thrift stores in my area. Can't wait to see what you do with the whale bowls. and good job on the fish.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the comments! Cathy, it's funny I am just the oppisite, a NH girl that married a Maine boy! Yes Savers is a big store, I don't always find good deals there, I think they can be a bit expensive on things. Thanks for visiting, I am now a follower of your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out wonderful, I am sure they will be very pleased!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutest little blue gill I have ever seen...and I have seen my share!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Feel free to leave a comment!