Thursday, January 19, 2012

and a partiridge in a pear tree

Just when you thought Christmas was over I painted an ornament recently! My mom needed an ornament painted for her friend, there is a story behind it. They found a funny rendition of the 12 days of Christmas, a story book, about a man sending his love all the gifts of the 12 days of Christmas. At first she is thrilled with the gifts, but as they keep coming she is getting annoyed and by the end of the story she is irate and I believe a lawyer is involved! It's a funny version of the traditional version.
So my mom wanted a partridge in a pear tree ornament and this is what I came up with. I know it's not a pear tree, but this was close enough.
Now when I showed this to my husband, he asked me why the "snowmen" were yellow! Snowmen???? I said are you serious, you really see snowmen when looking at this? Plus, I would never paint or build a snowman using "yellow" snow, if you know what I mean! He looked again and said oh, they are pears! (rolling eyes here!) I guess he is so programmed to looking at snowmen, everything looks like a snowman to him! LOL

5 comments:

  1. That's a man for you! Welcome to blog world, I am not real good with mine, sporadic at best. happy to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... looking forward to more of your blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL, typical male response.
    I think it is darn cute Becky. You should make a few of these. I bet they would sell next fall but then it wouln't be OAK would it?
    Happy Blogging.....
    Les

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Feel free to leave a comment!